Translate

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Thing

Okay, here it is, the project that has been taking up much of my knitting time lately.


The front.


The back.

What IS it you say? Why it's a "Thing" of course. THE Thing in fact.

I am participating in the "Thing-a-long" at the Yahoo Group of the same name.

This "Thing" is the sweater sampler from Jacqueline Fee's book "The Sweater Workshop". In one strangely shaped, useless thing (other than as a learning tool and reference) you learn/review a multitude of techniques used in the designing and knitting of a sweater. It is really quite an interesting object to undertake. Many of the techniques were already familiar to me, I've been knitting for years, but I would highly recommend it to anyone who is new to knitting, or new to designing their own patterns. There is a lot of information and practice crammed into that one "Thing".



The above photo shows a little closer detail of the knitted belt (a new thing for me), the Sweatshirt Pocket, and the Cardigan Border, complete with Buttonhole.

The next photo shows the Fairisle Knitting, Swiss Darning, Lacing, I-cord and Hem Facing.



That is only a small selection of the things that are covered in "The Thing". Try it, you might enjoy it!

1 comment:

Violet said...

Great job on getting your "thing" done! Still working on mine!