Translate

Friday, February 25, 2005

Celtic Beginnings

I'm zooming along on the Celtic Knot Pullover. The back is done, and I am approaching the "knot" area of the front piece. Both pieces, at this point, are mostly a sea of stockinette, but I thought I would show you a close-up of the bottom border and the interesting textured yarn. (Plymouth Yarn, Stone Cotton) I like it a lot.



I am quite enjoying knitting this pullover. Sometimes the mind numbingly boring stockinette is just what a person needs. I can knit and read, knit and watch TV, knit and surf the web, knit and think.

As I knit away this morning, the thought that kept coming forward in my mind was "Geez I'm hungry. Why am I so hungry? I just ate breakfast a couple of hours ago!" Finally, the tummy could be ignored no longer and, despite not yet being 11 AM, I was resigned to the fact that I was going to need an "early lunch". I wandered into the kitchen to rustle up some sort of sustenance when lo and behold, guess what I found? Sitting there on the counter, waiting patiently for me to return, was my now stone cold porridge.

Sometimes all this plain stockinette can numb one's mind a little too much.

2 comments:

Leisel said...

LOL... I have done that before!

- Leisel

dragon knitter said...

i've done that with tea, but never food! too funny! very cool texture on that cotton. gotta love it!