It's done. The project that has been taking up much of my knitting time lately and has been frustrating me to no end.
The knitting was relatively easy once I got past the "how to-s" of knitting it in one piece (the box corners were tricky). I think it turned out very well.
The sewing of the lining is what nearly did me in.
I bought fabric and a zipper THREE times and spent three days sewing and ripping, sewing and ripping before I got it right. In the end though it was worth it as I love my new little purse. Just DON'T ask me to do it again!
I designed this purse using the graph from the Celtic Knot Pullover. I made the purse rigid by creating an internal structure of plastic needlepoint canvas. It doesn't show because of the lining. Between the plastic canvas and the outside knitted panel I placed a small layer of quilt batting to give the purse a softly rounded look.