Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back On Track

The Peacock Feathers Shawl is back to row 166 and has a lifeline safely in place. Whew! You may recall that it was tossed in the corner for a Time-Out for bad behavior back on July 30th. I picked it up again Sunday, redid 6 of the rows and once again lost it. It was even for the same reason! I was undoing a misplaced centered double decrease and dropped one of the stitches. I angrily tossed it aside again for a few hours but then grit my teeth and ripped back, once again, to the lifeline.

Rows 157 to 161 have now been knit 3 times in total and I have gone on further, to row 166, and put in another lifeline. I WAS putting in the lifelines only at the top of each graph, but the next row is the one that I originally had problems with and I just could not bear losing 10 rows again! Better safe than sorry....
..........oh so very, very, major hissy-fit sorry!

3 comments:

dragon knitter said...

i'm glad to hear you conquered the peacock. i can't wait to see it

hockey mom said...

You are so brave to do that one. Can't wait to see it.

I'm waiting on my Rowan 34 to do the "Birch." With my Douceur et Soie. I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Rob said...

My sympathies. I have just frogged an eyelet pullover for the hm#@!!%# time, and can only dream about taking on a scarf or shawl in a lace pattern! So far I have forstalled the hissy fit, but it is waiting in the wings...