Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Outfit

So here is is, the outfit I will be wearing to my daughter's wedding. The wedding is to be held at a remote resort in the woods, so I didn't want to go overly dressy, but I still wanted to be "dressed up" to some extent. I spoke to my Mother-in-law a couple of days ago and it sounds like she will be wearing something similar.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The stole is a work-in-progress. I spent ALL day yesterday trying to come up with some type of stitch pattern that made the most of the boucle yarn I had chosen. I tried several lace stitches, some simpler open work stitches, even garter stitch. I also tried a variety of crochet stitches, in the end deciding on plain ol' single crochet. It's boring as all heck to do, but it really does seem to be the best for this particular yarn and the effect I am aiming for.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The brooch will either be worn on the sleeveless turtleneck, or to decoratively hold the ends of the stole. I'll only be wearing the stole if the weather warrants it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked up the wedding site. You know you are in the weeds when the description lists "flush toilets" as a feature in the luxury cabins.

But hey, I got married on a cliff overlooking the North Atlantic, during a hurricane. Try choosing a Mother of the Bride outfit for that. And the surprise was the lone hiker who struggled up the cliff to find himself in the middle of our ceremony.

carlarey@mindspring.com

Marlene said...

Luckily no one will be using pit toilets or digging their own latrine. There are wash houses with showers and flush toilets. Really, the site is quite nice.

Anonymous said...

You are going to look lovely. I really love the brooch!

dragon knitter said...

the earrings & brooch set are gorgeous! i'm sure you'll be the stunning MOB. just make sure you crochet in a pocket for kleenex, cuz you're gonna need a ton. i intend on making myself a little bag to carry, cuz i know i'm gonna cry off all my makeup, lol. we want pics of the wedding!

Rabbitch said...

You're going to look fantastic. But did you HAVE to say the "c" word? (crochet). I'm a-feared ...

Maggie Ann said...

Your outfit is beautiful and the colors you have there are wonderful. I love the jewelry you have chosen Marlene. You are going to be beautiful! I imagine you are breathing a big sigh of relief now that you have your outfit together. Hoping for lovely weather for you all!

Marlene said...

Minnie, suprisingly enough, the earrings and brooch were not part of a set. They were made by different companies and I bought them at different stores! I walked back and forth from one end of the mall to another.....many times....so I knew that the brooch in one small dress shop matched the earrings available in a large department store. I also bought (but didn't photograph) a bracelet that IS meant to coordinate with the earrings.

Marlene said...

Sandy, the wedding is on Saturday, the 10th of September.

I've been married 28 years and still remember my wedding day in detail. Like you, I awoke the day of the wedding totally calm and unflustered. In fact, I found my bridesmaids' nervousness quite amusing. They were more afraid to go down the aisle than I was. One was shaking so bad that her bouquet was rattling!