Translate

Friday, August 12, 2005

Sash Now Blocking

Another FO, the 33rd of the year.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a beaded, lace sash being blocked. Note the newly acquired "blocking wires", (made from 36" X 1/16" stainless steel tigg welding rods). The sash did not strictly need blocking as hanging it for a few days is said to pull it into shape. I just wanted to even out some inconsistencies in the edging.

The sash is for my daughter's wedding dress so I had to be sure it was done in time for the September 10th wedding. With that safely out of the way I can now return to the knitting of the Peacock Feathers Shawl. I've nearly forgotten the trauma of having to frog the last 10 rows that I had knit.

3 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Your beaded, lace sash is beautiful and what an ingenious way to block it! I'll bet your daughter loves it : )

Marlene said...

It wasn't finished the last time she saw it.

I've yet to trim the fringe. When that is done I will have another photo of it posted.

Anonymous said...

The sash is gorgeous!

33rd fo of the year? I am so, so behind!