It seems I'm trying to wear out this sock yarn before I even get the first sock knit! I've had to frog back quite a ways --- again. Yesterday I knit and knit on the sock. I wanted to complete the heel so I would be left with the ankle portion, and less concentration, before I turned to other projects. I had planned a traditional turned heel, with a gusset and heel flap.
Well, when I got that all knit and tried it on I wasn't pleased. It didn't fit right. The heel was too loose, probably because the foot was a little too long. But that wasn't the entire reason for the frogging. I also didn't like the way the stripes (the ones I was trying to avoid in the main foot/leg portions) reappeared in the gusset and the heel. Bleah.
So I ripped 'er back all the way to pre-gusset and I'm making my way back up, this time with an "Ultimate" wedge heel planned. The sock, despite working on it much of yesterday afternoon and evening, now looks pretty much exactly like it did in the last picture.