Translate

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Tiny & Teensy

How small is too small? Very, very teensy. Too small for the key chain it was intended for.


I knit the sock on the left according to the pattern, but even though I am a loose knitter it came out way too small. I went up a needle size, consciously knit looser, added rows in the leg and foot sections, and now it fits.

The fob to my car keys has an electronic door lock and car alarm so I can't replace it with a novelty item. I don't like extra stuff bulking up my key chain anyway so this little cutie will be saved for the house key that I take with me when I go for a walk --- which is often to the local yarn store.

6 comments:

kristo said...

I had problems with the socks coming out too small from that pattern too. I ended up knitting way looser and added extra rows to mine to make them fit the keychain as well. Sorry I forgot to warn you about that.

PJ said...

Cute! Your placemats are very nice as well...and the 'baby' is growing up tooooo fast! What an adorable costume. That is great to see your bib worn on your grandchild, huh? Those kinds of things are priceless!

Lorraine said...

SO COOL! What a great sock blocker and sock keychain. BTW, I'm enjoying visiting your daughter's blog as well.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That is so adorable! I love the little blocker too! :)

Nicole said...

One of my coworkers has sock earrings that she wears at Christmas because they look like stockings.

Maggie Ann said...

How cute!