Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Done -- Again.

So the beanie that I originally knit with a smocked ribbing has now had it's substantial ribbed section ripped and reknit as boring ol' 2x2 rib. The smocked ribbing had to go, it wasn't stretchy enough.


The ribbing is not as fancy now, but it has more elasticity and "give" so it will fit better and be more comfortable. The hat also looks SO much neater now that it has been blocked.


I knit the hat from my own 2ply, sportsweight handspun wool that had been steeping in my stash waiting for the perfect project.

The pattern found through Ravelry and available free, is Charisa Martin Cairn 's Lifestyle Top Down Hats, No Swatch Needed.

I continued the increases until the crown was slightly larger than the recipient's head and then decreased 8 stitches per round 2 times (or was it three?) just before I started the ribbing. I knit the ribbing long enough to fold over twice when being worn.

1 comment:

kristo said...

It might not have been as fun to knit with just the 2x2 rib, but it sure looks good!