Translate

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bitzen Bear's Debu

Introducing
Bitzen Bear*

It took as long to seam his nineteen itty, bitty pieces together as it did to knit them all.


He was a fun little knit though. He's just 9 inches from top to toe.

I soft sculpted his face to give it a little more depth and character.

I'm very happy with my yarn choice, Bernat Alpaca -Natural Blends. It gives Bitzen a fuzzy, fulled look similar to the old style mohair bears. Using one 100g ball of each colour, "Tundra" and "Wheat", I have enough of the two yarns left to make him a buddy in the opposite colours.

*Bitzen was named, tongue in cheek, for the many "bits 'n' pieces" he required.




12 comments:

Nancy said...

He's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of knitted toys but loathe putting them together. You did a great job!

Kimberly said...

I'm a big fan of knitted bears. Your Bitzen is a cute one!

Dave said...

Very cute, and his face does indeed haver a lot of character. But still, that's a lot of bitz. :-)

Michelle said...

Oh my Gosh! He's adorable! You're right, he did put a smile on my face. Love his name, too. What did you use for his eyes?

I have this pattern. I'm going to have to make this for sure.

Marlene said...

His eyes are just a couple of wooden beads I had on hand. I blackened them with a permanent marker. Not the best of choices as a gift for a one year old, but they are really sewn in tight.

PJ said...

He is absolutely precisous!

weebug said...

he is absolutely adorable!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

He looks so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Grandma! I LOVE my Bitzen Bear!
--Kaylen--

Laura said...

He's adorable!

dragon knitter said...

he's just too darling.