Translate

Sunday, March 09, 2008

There's More

I returned on Saturday to Fibrefest International. I was mainly there to keep Kris company while she shopped, but I did manage to come home with a couple more items. The "firestar" purchase was planned, but the bright lime green merino managed to lure me as well. Both will be used sparingly as an additive when I drum card 2 pounds of jet black merino. The black (a free gift with purchase from long ago) was so boring I just couldn't bear it by itself. What will I make with the finished yarn? Darned if I know. Something mostly black with little highlights of shocking green and an occasional twinkle of sparkle I guess.

Photobucket

I've already got a good start using up the sock yarn I bought from Rabbitch of "Rabbitworks Fibre Studio". She calls this line of fingering weight superwash merino/nylon yarn "Toe Jam Sock Yarn" and this russet/black colourway is "King of the Potato People".

Photobucket

I'm knitting the socks in my usual way; toe-up, two at once on a single long circular needle. I generate a basic pattern on Sock Wizard and then make my own little changes and in this particular case, added in a simple stitch pattern. The stitch pattern (2 rows of stockinette followed by 2 rows of k2p2 ribbing) shows in the picture on the sock to the left. The plain stockinette sole shows on the sock to the right.

2 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm sure that sparkly green will dress up the black and create something very beautiful! The sock is really nice too - great colorway! :)

weebug said...

it was nice to meet you, even if it was just for a moment in passing!