I would like to report that all is going well and that I am finished the argyle. I would LIKE to, but I can't.....not without lying anyway. *sigh*
I thought all was going well. I thought I had knit the argyle section perfectly. I even went so far as to sew in all those fiddly ends, block the argyle section and start the duplicate stitch lines.
It was then that I saw it. The Error. The mistake that is hard to spot at first, but then becomes a huge obstacle that cannot be overcome without redoing the whole darn sock.
Do you see it? I've marked the area with the dark brackets. Take a look at the line of the diamond. See how it looks straight all the way down to the outlined section and then suddenly curves inward? I didn't at first. I only found it when I started the duplicate stitch lines and they didn't go through the bottom section of that diamond in the right spot. I could've weeped. I nearly did.
Ripping the sock back that far would be pointless. It wouldn't be able to salvage the yarn and it would take more time and be more frustrating than if I just start over again.
And so here I am starting over again. *sob*
I knew of this tragedy last Monday when the blocking photo went up but I had written that blog entry earlier in the week and had post dated the entry then forgot to take it down when I realized my mistake. Rather than interrupt your kind comments I figured I would leave the explaining until this week.