Guild Challenge Met
- I took the handwoven fabric from the mystery bag given out by the guild for the year end challenge
- embellished it with embroidery
- crocheted over the wonky selvedges
- cut off the portion with the threading mistakes
- crocheted a circular bottom piece
- constructed a plastic canvas support
- used an inkle loom to weave bands for the handles
- sewed a lining (no raw seam edges anywhere) with a channel for a pull cord closure
- made a coordinating Kumihimo drawstring
- added a cord lock to gather and close the lining.
I left the fuzzy fringe end of the original weaving because I felt it added texture and interest to the bag.