Monday, December 28, 2009

Altered Hat

Back in the fall of 2004 I made a felted, brimmed hat. When it was first made I was very pleased with it, but over time the brim began to droop. The crown of the hat was still in great shape so a few days ago I made the decision to do radical surgery on it. I hacked the brim off, knit a separate brim from handspun kid mohair, and then sewed the new brim on.

I'm pleased with the result. It makes a very warm, perfectly fitting hat.

This may become one of my submissions for a guild art show to be held this coming March.

1 comment:

Cyndi in BC said...

Perfect solution! I've got a floppy brimmed hat here that could use some sprucing up. Thanks for the idea! :)