Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Shared Interest

My daughter and I have a recently acquired, common interest. You might even say it's become a bit of an obsession! We're having the greatest fun creating clothes for collector type dolls.

This is her doll, Ellowyne Wilde. The outfit Ellowyne is wearing was a bit of a shared endeavour. Kristy knit the awesome 1/4 scale sweater using a "human sized" sweater pattern scaled down by using much finer yarn and needles. But Ellowyne still needed some sort of pants to wear during her photo shoot so I quickly sewed up the stretchy "jeggings" (a jeans/leggings hybrid) using fabric scraps I had in my stash.



With any luck my doll will be arriving early next week. I just checked the tracker and she cleared customs late last night. Woo hoo!!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Dang! Your dolls are better dressed than I am (although that's not saying much as I usually lounge around in jeans and a sweatshirt!). She looks oh-so-chic.

becky c. said...

She is so much cuter than Barbie! I really love the photo shoot location.

Marlene said...

They are better dressed than me too Dorothy. Kristy and I were joking that we can try out all the weird and wonderful new fashions, that we are not brave enough to wear ourselves, by making them for the dolls.

She bigger than Barbie too Becky. Barbie is 11.5 inches and Ellowyne Wilde and Delilah Noir are both 16" tall. It makes the fashions easier to make because manipulating tiny sleeves and hems is not so fiddly.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great outfit! I can so see myself wearing that. Your tiny details always make me smile. :)