Translate

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Blushing

I didn't want to become a custom faceup artist. I have enough hobbies as it is, but the sad state of Petunia's face just could not be ignored any longer. Here's how she looked before I wiped her.

before

And here's how she's looking with just the blushing done. Of course while I was actually working on her I had the eyes and wig removed. I only put them back so that I could get a better idea of how she was coming along.

Just the blushing

I have to say that I'm really liking how she's looking so far, but this is only the beginning. The hardest part is yet to come and I'll admit to being very nervous about it. I still have to do all the line work and if my trial brushstrokes on the back of a sandwich plate can say much about my "talent", it says that I don't have any! I need fine, tapering lines and I get big, blobby, inconsistent ones. Aargh! Never mind the nightmare that attempting two mirrored eyebrows is going to be.

When it's not so humid I'll "save" this layer by giving the faceplate another seal coat, and then see what I can do about making Petunia look a little less like Odo from Star Trek, Deep Space Nine. Yep.....she definitely needs eyebrows, lips, and eyelashes!

No comments: