Translate

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Hats for Sara's Two

I'm expecting a baby! A Nappy Choo baby that is. She shipped from Korea today and, barring any hold up in Canada Customs, she should be here some time next week.

A Flickr friend made my incoming Nappy Choo a really cute quilt a while back, and with it she sent along a tiny "Sophie the Giraffe" chew toy as well as a few things for my Realpukies. Later she sent a tiny Fisher Price Rocking Stacker too. So generous and kind! In appreciation I've knitted a couple of hats for her little Nappy Choo baby pair.

Pukifees and Nappy Choos have about the same size head, so I've asked Serenity and Neelie to do some modelling for me before I send these hats off to Sara.

Wovenflame's Pukifee girls

.
Cupcake hat fits Pukifee and Nappy Choo
.
Teddy Bear Hat
.
Serenity and Neelie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are super cute! I love the cupcake hat especially!!

Marlene said...

Thanks! That cupcake hat is quite a project. Each of those little "icing drips" requires casting on 3 stitches and then immediately binding them off again! Multiply that by 32 times and you have a seriously time consuming row!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

So adorable! I love the little critter hat! You do such even work on those tiny needles! Hugs! :)

Dustbunnie said...

Oh they are soooo cute! The hat Neelie is wearing looks wonderful with her sweater. I think you should make one for her to keep.

Marlene said...

Thanks Ruinwen. I've been knitting for 46 years so I've had a lot of time to perfect my knitting tension.
Dustbunnie the hat and sweater are about the same colour but they are entirely different yarns. The hat is Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud while the sweater is my own handspun, laceweight, merino/silk. I really should make a cupcake hat for Neelie, and another one for the incoming Nappy Choo as well. Serenity says she's not much into cupcakes though. She thinks of herself as more of a tiger kind of gal.

Serenata said...

Beautiful hats which I am sure your friend will be delighted with.

Marlene said...

Thanks Serenata. Sara did seem very pleased with them. You can see them being modelled by her two Nappy Choo babies here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68776681@N08/8541005210/