Translate

Friday, June 14, 2013

Rekindled Interest

When I first started this blog many years ago it was primarily about my knitting. I then added weaving and spinning. Over the past 3 years or so my interest in ball jointed dolls had pushed the other hobbies aside except where my fibre arts complimented my doll hobby. I was still knitting and sewing, but with an aim to do such things for the dolls, or to develop patterns for them.

It's a start

Lately I've felt my interests change again. My passion for weaving is once again igniting. My interest in the dolls is subsiding. Not completely mind you, but I'm less passionate about them now. I think the waning doll interest is due to over-moderating of the Den of Angels forums to the point where it's not as much fun spending time there. Add to that the recent reorganization of Flickr that makes viewing friends' doll photos there more problematic and less inviting, and you have the makings of a fizzle for me of the doll hobby.

sleyed

For those readers that were always here to see the knitting, weaving, spinning, and crocheting, that is likely great news. For those new readers that were here primarily to see the dolls, not so much. Oh well, can't please all of the people all of the time so I will do as I have always done --- I'll blog about whatever is currently interesting me. For the past several weeks I've been obsessed with the idea of getting back to weaving!


3 comments:

Dustbunnie said...

Even though I still just love my BJDs I think I'll keep reading your blog. I like many different sorts of creativity and I like the way you write.

Marlene said...

Oh don't worry Dustbunnie, the dolls won't be disappearing altogether. They will still be making guest appearances now and then. It's more like my other, past interests are elbowing their way back into my life and leaving less time and energy for the dolls.

I really appreciate that you intend to stick around dolls or no dolls.

Marlene said...

Wow Chriss, I'm having problems with the knitting and crocheting hurting my hands too! I'm slogging my way through an hand knit sweater but each stitch is often a painful endurance test and I find myself often having to stop several times in one row to allow the feeling to come back to my fingers, the ache to subside, and the tingling to stop.

I too was looking at weaving as a way to stay creatively active without so much pain in my hands.