Translate

Sunday, July 07, 2013

The Broken Circle

What a wonderful surprise! I just finished reading the first book of, "The Potluck Yarn Trilogy", "The Broken Circle: Yarns of the Knitting Witches". I knew the story revolved around my favourite hobby, knitting, and I expected to at least be amused and somewhat entertained by that aspect, but what I did not expect was to thoroughly enjoy the story itself. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out!

Books I'm to review..

The author, Cheryl Potter, is already widely known in knitting communities as the founder of Cherry Tree Hill Yarn, and as the talented fibre artist that creates such lovely colourways and teaches hand painting of yarn. I've now discovered that she is also a great fiction writer!

In this first book Cheryl introduces us to the motley bunch that comprise the circle of Twelve. With magic outlawed The Knitting Witches have been in hiding and have not met around the dye pot in twenty years. Now an urgent call comes forth from the founder and dyemistress and her undeniable sign in the sky is compelling them to return for a simmer.

Definitely a worthwhile read!


2 comments:

Cheryl Potter said...

Hi, Marlene.

Thank you for taking the time to first read and then review my book. I'm so grateful for every reader who picks up my books.

Marlene said...

Thank YOU for taking the time to drop by to comment here on my blog Cheryl!