Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Too Early For Christmas!

Okay, so it's a bit early for Christmas clothing, but I found a small ball of red, size 30, crochet cotton in a thrift store last week and just could not resist making it into a Christmas dress for Penny.

Penny's Christmas dress

After the photo of the dress went up on Flickr I had a few requests for a modelled shot.

modelling her Christmas dress

Penny was more than happy to oblige.

back of Christmas dress

But now she's a little sad that I'm asking her to take it off again. I don't want her to tire of it before December even arrives. I don't care that there are already Christmas items available in some retail stores. It's too early for Christmas!

2 comments:

Doll Guardian said...

Oh my gosh, that dress is ridiculously darling! So, so sweet! I have Christmas dresses planned for my two Littlefees but can't think of anything for my Pukifee, that dress would be so perfect! Penny is a lucky little lady :D How long did it take you to make? I can crochet a number of things but am brainless when it comes to sweaters and the like. I've tried and it didn't work out. Think I need someone to show me how to do it instead of just written instructions!

Marlene said...

I plan to make a dress like this for Neelie, my Pukifee, too Doll Guardian. The basic dress will just need a few extra rows for added length. Otherwise the fit is perfect for Pukifee.

It takes me a couple of evenings of work to make a dress like this. The hardest thing is finding suitably fine threads. I don't like the dresses done in the more commonly available size 10 cotton as it is too thick and stiff for this small sized doll. I've been looking through my weaving threads catalogue and I think I may be able to substitute a 2/16 weaving cotton or similar sized bamboo thread. If so I might put a few of the dresses up for sale on Etsy.