Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Weaving Wearable Art

My intention with this vibrant red warp is to make myself some "wearable art". I'm participating in a Ravelry based weaving challenge through the "Weaving in the Saori Way" forum. The weave-along is intended to get participants weaving a "Placemat Vest", or something wearable inspired by that pattern.

This is my beginning:

6:45 am Thursday

True to my "Type Four" energy (based on Carol Tuttle's "Dressing Your Truth", I have chosen a "Bold and Striking" red for my vest. It should be cheery in the gloomy days of winter.

Quote from a participant in a recent Saori Conference, "Kenzo talked about the concept of “decorating your body with wearable art, expressing how you feel inside”. That pretty much sums up what I'm attempting with this piece.

No comments: