Sunday, May 17, 2015

Suddenly the End Was In Sight

I had an 8+ metre long, primarily yellow warp languishing on my loom for many weeks. I had only just started weaving it off when other things caught my interest and I wandered off. Then we had a couple of days with really nice weather and I did the remaining 80% of the warp in only two days!

Weaving outside would be so much more relaxing if I could hear the birds rather than the obnoxious neighbour's loud music.

I washed, dried, and pressed the entire length today.

IMG_2901

Those warp ends aren't as snarly as they might look. Each large bundle is tied in a simple overhand knot to prevent things from getting out of hand. I'm not sure if I'll be using the fringe in the garment I sew from this yardage so I didn't want to waste my time fiddling with it. If I decide to use the fringe I'll twist the sections I use at that time.

Here's one of my favourite sections:

IMG_2900

And another:

My favourite section

I took 19 photos while pressing the finished cloth, one as each section passed over my ironing board.

IMG_2893

If you are interested in looking at any of the other photos they are viewable on my project page on Ravelry, or on Flickr. Click on the photo to be taken through to my Flickr account. Once there you can even click on the photo again to get an extreme closeup view.

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I really like the travelling inlay that you did in this.

Marlene said...

Thanks Gene. I think that's the only section of travelling inlay I did on this one. I spent more time playing with the variable warp spacing using the 'topless reed'.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

This turned out amazing! I really like all the different effects you achieved! :)