Translate

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Off On Another Tangent

Never a dull moment around here. I have strong interest in SO many different fibre arts that even if I only occasionally touch on some of my many hobbies I am kept very, very busy. The Crafting Muse has been pushing me in the direction of knitting lately. Haven't done that in a while, especially not at "human scale" as apposed to doll scale.

Swatching and designing.

I've been trying out different needle sizes and stitch patterns in preparation for knitting my youngest granddaughter a cardigan type sweater. I'll knit it big so that it will fit for back-to-school in September. I have to start early since the older granddaughter will want one too.

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am sure I would weave the fabric for a sweater. I just can't get into knitting that much.

Marlene said...

I have considered weaving fabric for a sweater like garment, Gene, but of course consideration would have to be made for the fact that woven fabric would not have the same stretch as a knitted fabric.