Translate

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2017's Bounty of Coin

I walk a lot. While walking I often find coins. A surprising number of coins!


I consider the finding of a coin to be a little wink and a nudge from my Guardian Angels or Spiritual Guides. Perhaps confirmation that I am on the right path? I often get goosebumps when I find a coin, like an angel is smiling down on me. I feel acknowledged and loved. It always makes me smile in return.

In 2017 I found over 40 coins! $5.24 worth. 

Was I walking along, nose to the ground, searching? Not at all! In fact, every time I found a coin I had only glanced momentarily at the ground. Often only because Kona, the dog that I walk, had paused to examine something.

$5.24 may not seem like a lot, but the feeling those winks and nudges give me is priceless.

I've started off 2018 right, finding 3 pennies all at once yesterday. Some people won't bother to stoop and pick up a penny, especially now that they've been discontinued. Me? I never leave a blessing behind.

4 comments:

PJ said...

Actually, that seems a lot to me!!! Dragon looks perplexed! LOL

Marlene said...

Seems a lot to me too PJ, especially considering the number of homeless people we have wandering the streets here. You'd think they would have seen the coins and picked them up -- since they always seem to be begging for spare change.

I bring all my found wealth to the dragon for safe keeping. I hear dragons are particularly good at guarding treasure -- as long as you don't ever want it back. ;-)

Gene Black said...

I pick up pennies also. However, I will tell the cashier to "put the pennies in the 'need a penny' holder" when I check out. I just can't stand to see them tossed on the ground.

Marlene said...

Canada no longer has pennies in circulation Gene, so "need a penny" jars are no longer at tills and cashiers wouldn't likely add them to their till and throw their balance off. I think they can still be rolled and taken to the bank though. At that point the bank takes them out of circulation. You'd think with all that what I'd be finding most of all was pennies since people would value them less. But that is not the case. I have found more dimes than anything else.