Translate

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Barbie's Wedding Dress

A crocheted wedding dress for Barbie!

On a whim I joined a knit or crochet "along" on Ravelry. The theme is "Barbie wedding" and the idea is to start in May, but true to form I never waited for the official start. Truth is I've never been much for group participation like that and I always end up doing my own thing. I already had the pattern and the 10/2 tencel in my stash so I got started. It took longer than I expected, but less than a week.

I love the little details, all the way from a beaded and beribboned headdress with pale pink veil down to a tulle crinoline and cute little beaded garter. Great fun. I may have to do this again some day.


It's a bit too delicate for my 3 year old granddaughter, Kaylen, right now so I think I'll get a doll stand and put it on display in my craft room until she and her little sister are old enough to handle it with care.

6 comments:

lookinout said...

So pretty and so delicate!
Gillian

Rachael said...

wow! that is stunning!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love all the little details! This dress is just ethereal...spun from clouds and spring flowers. :)

Marlene said...

Thanks ladies. It was a very enjoyable project done for no other reason than for the fun of it.

Ruinwen, that's a perfect description. The tencel thread I used is so soft and fluid feeling.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

That looks so beautiful, I love the details.

Unknown said...

Descent detailed spring I love it but you can improve and make much better dress