Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Change of Weft

texture

I managed to get the scarf warp tied on at the front this morning and started weaving. After a few inches I realized that the weft yarn I had purchased for the purpose was just not having the effect that I desired. I "unwove" those few inches and started again with a couple of different yarns I had dug from my stash.

weft yarns

The blue is a sock yarn. The multi-coloured yarn is a thick and thin novelty yarn. I've had it in my stash for years now just waiting for the right project.

Flashes of colour

I'm really liking the effect. When the scarf is complete and the wet finishing is done the tails showing there above the surface will be cut off.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love it!

Dustbunnie said...

It looks really beautiful and none will have the exact same scarf. ndinb