Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Scarf of Many Tails

Handwoven scarf

First scarf from the mixed warp is now complete.

Handwoven scarf

I liked the look of the tails from the novelty yarn hanging out along the selvedge where I changed wefts.

Handwoven scarf

So using larks head knots I added a few more along the centre of the scarf as well to make it a "design feature".

Handwoven scarf

With the mixed warp the twisted fringe came out with an interesting, textured, thick and thin effect.

Handwoven scarf

I'm very happy with the way it turned out!

The second scarf from the warp was done a little differently, with the weaving done only in the novelty yarn and with a very light beat to make it a loose, light, effect. I'm still twisting the fringe and doing the finishing on that one.

No comments: