Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

Handspun MH Dress

When I was a little girl I played with Barbies a LOT. My mother made me a huge box of hand knit doll clothes and they were well loved. Monster High dolls seem to be more popular with my granddaughters.

 Handspun Monster High Dress

Both girls have several, and really enjoy playing with them. About a year ago I bought one, this Cleo de Nile, as a model so that I could make clothing for the girls to use with their dolls.

Handspun Monster High Dress

I never did get around to making much, but the girls love to play with my Cleo. Trouble is when the youngest is here visiting she also wants ME to play "Monster High" with her. I only had one doll so one of us was "stuck" with the second hand Barbies in the toy box (me of course).

Handspun Monster High Dress

With Grandma's Toy Box in mind I picked up a Lagoona Blue during the post Christmas sales. This dress, hand knit in hand dyed, handspun, merino and silk, is actually for Lagoona, but Cleo was laying there naked while Lagoona is still in her box, fully clothed, so the modelling job went to Cleo.

Handspun Monster High Dress The pattern is a generous freebee by Jane Conway and is available on Ravelry.

No comments: