Thursday, February 06, 2014

Evolution of An Idea

Those pants I blogged about a few days ago are now part of a complete uniform. A lot of sewing has happened in between.

Evolution of an Idea

I started with the pants, added the basic tunic (which needed refitting!) and made the harness/belt. Once I knew everything worked and what alterations to do, I went back and altered the pattern and resewed the entire tunic.

Altered uniform

I'm much happier with this final version. The sleeves are a full inch shorter, the body of the tunic is 1/2" shorter, and the height of the collar is reduced by 1/4". I also added one more detail ---

Lieutenant Zenawii Tulusson

Zenawii is now a Lieutenant!

No comments: