Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Meet Bella

This active little girl is "Bella". I found her today at PetsMart. I went out specifically looking for a light coloured betta (easier to see in my tank) that had shorter fins. Although longer finned male bettas can be stunningly beautiful they are weighed down by all that finnage and eventually become very sedentary spending most of their time stuck to the filter intake to rest. I wanted a fish that would be active and fun to watch so I was looking for either a plackat male or some sort of light or colourful female.
I've heard that the female fish are more active in general anyway. This little girl, with her white/clear colouring with red and black spots, may carry the marble gene. If that's the case she could colour up very nicely. We'll see. Anyway, she is definitely fulfilling the "active" requirement.

2 comments:

PJ said...

HI BELLA!!! I think females can be just as gorgeous!!! I love bettas!

Marlene said...

Bettas have such personality, wouldn't you agree PJ. They are much more interactive than most fish. Bella has shown some colour change just since yesterday! Deeper red spots and more tiny black speckles. I've also noticed 3 iridescent scales, which according to some breeders makes her a "galaxy" since the scales glow like little stars against the background of marble colouring.