Translate

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Still Spinning Daily

The daily spinning for the Tour de Fleece continues. This 50/50 merino/tencel blend, hand dyed by Jude of Ewesful Creations, is on my EEW6 right now. I'm almost finished spinning the last of three 4 oz braids of it and then will likely get to the plying this afternoon. 


When that is complete I'll dive into this huge pile of fluffy batts. Both the white and the green were carded on my Patrick Green "Deb's Delicate Deluxe" drum carder from Superwash mill ends I purchased many years ago. I'll likely start with the green since there is less of it to get through and then I can recycle the cardboard box I have it stored in.


Somehow I totally skipped posting these two completed spinning projects. Both are BFL hand dyed by Jude. 8 oz of the green, 4 oz of the yellow. I love the vibrant colours!



2 comments:

Jude Pilote said...

Gorgeous spinning.. I can’t wait to see what you make with them.

Marlene said...

Thanks Jude. The off-white is being knit into a cabled cardigan. The rest is piling up in a large basket while I spin the nine braids of merino/silk/kid-mohair I bought the last time I saw you. It will take awhile. With the cooler weather I am not spinning as often or as long so I'm still on braid #1 of 9.