Translate

Friday, September 09, 2022

It Started Out Okay

This is the beginning of Octagon B7. I felt it started out okay, but instinct told me it was not going to end well so I took this "before" photo to record the octagon before it went bad. LOL


And indeed, as it was completed with the very bright "egg yolk" colour, my instinct proved correct.


The final photo actually looks a lot better than the octagon does in person. My camera was kind. In real life the truly garish "Cheezies" or "Kraft Dinner" type orange is very evident.

Let me explain why I let this happen. In the beginning, when I decided to do this afghan, I was not able to find a kit in stock with the original "Eastern Jewels" colorway. I substituted yarns I was able to purchase through Hobbii.com. Some were close, most were not. But in the end I wrote out my list of substitutions and I am committed to using them as laid out in the Eastern Jewels directions. If, when all the pieces are done, some stand out as truly hideous and out of sync with the others, I will redo them in a kinder colorway. 



 

No comments: