Translate

Monday, March 20, 2023

Plan B Cardigan

My "Plan B" cardigan is now finished and tucked away for safe keeping until next September. I refuse to wear it until then because I'd like to enter it in the 2023 Chilliwack Exhibition and the amount of dog hair Teddy would add in the meantime would not be considered an enhancing decorative element.


I would have liked a little more room in the sleeves, they are a bit narrow for wearing over other sleeved shirts. Otherwise the cardigan fits well.


I changed a couple of things about the pattern. First I omitted the notch and instead added short rows in the neckline portion of the button band to bring it closer to the neck. 


Second, I changed the size and placement of the buttonholes. The pattern called for four 4 stitch buttonholes unevenly spaced. I chose to do five 2 stitch buttonholes evenly spaced. My two stitch buttonholes were all that were needed for these large 1 inch buttons.


Other than that the cardigan was knitted as written by Hinterm Stein. Her attention to detail is exquisite.

No comments: