Translate

Sunday, December 03, 2023

The End of an Era?

I want to thank those of you who have been reading my blog, some since the very early days. I started blogging at the very tail end of 2004 and over the years blogged about anything creative I was up to. Back then it was a way of keeping records for my own recollection. 

Now, with Ravelry, that sort of record keeping is not as pertinent for me. Blogs are no longer read with the fervor that they once were either. We creative types have other ways of staying in touch with each other.

As you may have noticed my posts here have become fewer and farther between. I know blogging is less common these days, and to tell the truth most days I just don't have enough to say to make a wordy post. My creative endeavors continue, I'm just less inclined to post in depth about it. 

If you've missed me at all you are welcome to follow me on Instagram where I have started posting photos of my projects along with other little snippets of life. My explanations of the photos will be brief and to the point. I may still pop in here from time to time, but for the most part you'll find me on Instagram and at Ravelry. In both places my username is still wovenflame. On Ravelry my username is capitalized Wovenflame. See you there?

4 comments:

ChelleC said...

Marlene, I totally understand. I had a blog from 2006-sometime I think around 2014 maybe? I stopped years ago for similar reasons. I don't do Instagram, but I follow you over on Ravelry and will look forward to continuing to follow your creative ventures. Thanks so much for your years of sharing your projects, ideas etc. ChelleC

Marlene said...

Thanks Chelle. I really enjoy watching YouTube videos since the knitting ones are like video versions of the old blogs. I wish I had the guts (and equipment) to do something similar to yours, but I feel awkward posing for a finished object photograph let alone talking about my hobbies on a weekly or monthly basis. Instagram photos it will have to be.

Anonymous said...

Marlene ,i will miss seeing your projects,i dont do instagram .You insire me .Thanks Patt L

Marlene said...

Though I've had an Instagram account for awhile now I've only recently started using it Patt. Has there been a problem with Instagram? I've had a few people comment that they don't use it. I find it a way to post more frequent but brief little snippets of life without getting too wordy. I don't know of other online sites that would work in the same or a similar way.