Sunday, December 06, 2009

Cardifession Debut

Cardifession, (my version of "Juliet"), is done! I'm quite pleased with it. All my modifications worked and the fit is good.






If you are interested in my custom changes they are as listed below:

I had to adjust all the stitch counts because I knit the pattern from worsted weight rather than bulky yarn.

I wanted the neckline to be narrower and higher than shown in the pattern so I started the neckline with the stitch count for a small and then kept increasing at the raglan shaping until I had the stitch count for a large. When complete I folded the front opening edges down to create a V-neck with “lapels” look.

Before starting the lace I increased evenly in the last row of garter stitch rather than in groups as stated in the pattern. I also increased way fewer stitches so it amounted to only a 10 to 15% increase.

I made the front garter edging 4 stitches and knit 6 rows of garter stitch for the bottom edging.

To prevent the sweater from hanging directly from the bust I stabilized and pulled in the under bust area by hand stitching a grosgrain ribbon inside just above the beginning of the lace.

For the button loops I used 3 strands of the yarn twisted together into a cord rather than the crocheted chain suggested in the pattern.

2 comments:

shortoldlady said...

What a LOVELY finish! Wear it in the best of health.

becky c. said...

Looks great! Such a versatile sweater - you'll wear it a ton.