Translate

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Linking the Years

These socks were worked on in both the old year and the new year. I started them some time in 2009 and worked on them sporadically, usually at meetings or in waiting rooms. I finished them on January 1, 2010.

I don't usually wear a lot of light pink, and I'm not usually a lacy kind of gal either, but these somehow please me more than I thought they would.

They are done toe-up using Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer's "Basic Toe-to-Cuff Sock" pattern except that I did my own favourite wide, rounded toe, and added a lace pattern to the cuff.

The lace is "ridged feather" from page 73 of "Sensational Knitted Socks". The yarn is a nameless, handpainted sock yarn I acquired when my daughter did some destashing. Thanks Kris!

Edited to add: Kris says that it's "Cosmic Fibers" sock yarn in the "Chamber of Secrets" colourway".

4 comments:

Jackie E-S said...

Beautiful! Happy knitting in the New Year.

Gail from Surrey said...

I think they are delightful! I figure that if I am going to go outside my comfort zone in colour or pattern, what better place than socks!

Marlene said...

Thanks Jackie! You've written a wonderful pattern.

I'm like that too Gail. Interestingly enough my two favourite pairs of hand knit socks are both from yarns not chosen by me and not my usual colours.

kristo said...

That yarn is "Cosmic Fibers" sock yarn in the "Chamber of Secrets" colourway. ;)

Oh, and you're welcome, I'm glad you could use it.