Translate

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Now That It's Safe

Several months ago there was a lull in my knit related blogging as I was working away on a baby gift that I wanted to keep a secret.

This is a pattern (named, simply "Blanket"), by Amanda Griffiths from the book Luxury Knits: Simple and Stylish Projects for the Most Desirable Knitwear . I adapted the blanket to be more baby sized by using less repeats.

And here she is, our sweet little grand niece wrapped in the blanket.

(reverse side of blanket showing)

4 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Oh, what a doll-baby! She's adorable and so tiny. Your blanket is pretty too...grin. I need to get back at mine...I've 8 more inchs to go.

LoriAngela said...

Congratulations. Knitting for babies is my favourite. I'm just starting Debbie Bliss' Alphabet Blanket- as soon as I can get into the Chwk Wool and Craft shop.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Is there anything sweeter then a babe asleep nestled in her new blanket? :)

Nicole said...

What a sweet picture! The blanket looks great.