Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2016

After a Bath and a Tumble

After "wet setting" the handwoven fabric.


The fabric I finished weaving a few days ago has had its fringes twisted and has taken a trip through the washer and dryer. The mercerized cotton didn't just handle it well, the fabric actually improved! It now is beautifully soft, has a lovely fluid drape, and a silk-like luster. The photograph really does not do it justice. Indoor lighting on a dull, cloudy day robbed it of its true vibrancy and sheen.

 Now I'm pouring through my resources trying to come up with the perfect pattern to show the fabric off at its best. I'm thinking I might combine elements of two different patterns to create the effect I'm after.

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I always love the cotton fabrics better after they have had a bath.

MarthaVA said...

Marlene, this fabric is beautiful.
I love cotton for that exact reason!

Martha