Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Fresh From the Loom

A picture heavy post of the 6 metre Saori weaving fresh from the loom.

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving
.
Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

.
Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

I haven't yet decided exactly what it will become.

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

Some sort of clothing I think.

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

Or perhaps accent pieces on several different articles of clothing and accessories?

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving
.
Wovenflame's Saori Weaving


This was woven primarily in fine mercerized cotton.

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

The travelling inlay was done with variegated "dish cloth cotton".

Wovenflame's Saori Weaving
.
Wovenflame's Saori Weaving
.
Wovenflame's Saori Weaving

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Wow.. it came out great. I Love the inlay with the clasped weft.

Judy said...

That's outstanding! What weight cotton did you use for the main part? I love the variations in the fabric, it must have been fun to weave.

Marlene said...

Thanks Gene. I'm really happy with this weaving! I've got the fringe twisted and it's beenmaching washed and dried. It washed up beautifully! Nice hand to the fabric.

The main part, (the warp) is 5/2 mercerized cotton, Judy. I also used that same thread anywhere you see black in the weft. The coloured weft is a bit thinner. I used bold colours of 8/2 and 10/2 mercerized cotton for all of the clasped weft, and the thicker, wandering lines (traveling inlay) are a variegated dish cloth cotton, about "worsted weight".

MarthaVA said...

Beautiful clasped weft work! Love this. Amazing! The work that went into it is amazing!
Martha