Translate

Monday, October 22, 2018

Wagging Tails and Vicious Snarls

A peculiar yarn with long waggling loose tails created quite a mess of snarls during warping today. Those tails did not work alone. A rather innocent looking, smooth but stretchy yarn was co-conspirator. They clung to each other mercilessly throughout the entire beaming process.


But I eventually won the war and I'm up and weaving. In fact I'm over 1/4 of the way through an eternity style scarf.


That's one of the beautiful benefits of a Saori loom. This pink yardage was off the loom and I had another project sleyed, threaded, beamed and tensioned later the same day and was up and weaving again. 


There is enough of this lightweight pink cotton yardage to make some sort of simple top I think -- if I ever find the time! So many hobbies, such short days!
  • I have 2 knitting projects on the go with another 2 waiting in the wings. All of them I'd like to see finished and being worn. 
  • I'm really enjoying working on a rather time consuming Boro/Sashiko stitching project. I'd love to be able to work on it all day, every day but unfortunately chores and other commitments intrude.
  • My most recent Upcycle sewing project, "The Michelle Dress", is stalled because I am just not able to drape it properly on myself so I simply must get my dress form fitted and carved to better represent my true shape and size. Not an easy or quick project!
  • My granddaughter and I gathered a large pile of pine needles and I need to get them sorted, washed, and then soaked so I can try my hand at making pine needle baskets. 
  • When I can I like to get to the guild's Tuesday spinning so I can justify my spinning fibre stash.
  • My fish tank has had an outbreak of what I think is Cyanobacteria, commonly called Blue-green Algae, though it's not an algae at all but a form of fast spreading aquatic bacteria. It's making a mess of my tank and I've got to get it under control. 
  • And -- last but certainly not least, I walk Kona, my son's dog, for about and hour to an hour and a half 5 days a week.
So there you go Louise. That's what I've been up to lately.  ;-)

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oooh those grabby yarns can be a fright to beam on. I am glad I have the new beaming station as that mitigates some of the tangling. I know what you mean about the "short days." I can't seem to get a lot done anymore. But I like to attribute it to the fact that I am just enjoying life more and "working at hobbies" less.

Unknown said...

I love you! to funny and so many projects. Thank heavens I only have two, well possibly 3 but not that are calling me! last knit project was a disappointing but will tey to selvage...
See you soon and love your denim top!!!
HUGS 🤗🤗

Unknown said...

Oh by the way... it’s me, Louise who sent the last message...☺️

Marlene said...

The hobbies are me enjoying life, Gene! There's not much that I would rather be doing. Which hobby currently grabs my attention is variable, but I could "work" all day every day at my hobbies and never be bored since when my attention wanes with one there is always another waiting in the wings.

I know you won't get this response since you posted without a linked address Louise but I'll answer anyway incase you drop by the blog before I see you again. LOL I'm glad you like that denim top. It's comfy, but about as flattering as a potato sack.