Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

For My Next Magic Trick

With a little more work than just the wave of a magic wand,


I'll be refashioning these 5 men's shirts into a women's dress using the Paganoonoo pattern for the Michelle Dress.

The colour in the photo is off. All five shirts are in the navy to denim blue range, two with a little beige, four with at least a touch of grey, and four with some white.

I may not use all five shirts. We'll see how it goes once I get started. The three on the right are for sure being used. The one on the far right fits the best through the chest and shoulders and suits my colouring the most. The next two seem to look best draped at the front for the pockets. The plaid shirt that is second from the left is actually my favourite so I'm hoping to somehow work it in.

Any remaining fabric, and there will likely be plenty, is in the exact colours I like to keep on hand for my boro/sashiko work, so it all good!

2 comments:

cjbj said...

Can't wait!

Marlene said...

It may be awhile cjbj. I'm finding the "Michelle Dress" is difficult to drape on oneself and get everything to lie just right. I may need to have a dress form custom fit to my size and shape before I continue much further. What I have so far looks pretty good though.