Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Les Etoiles

This is the "Les Etoiles" pattern by BMannByBridget sewn up in a medium weight knit fabric. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's super comfortable and the drape of the fabric is perfect.


I lowered the pockets by 3.25 inches from the pattern's location but they are a bit low now. Next time I'll split the difference. I find the perfect location for a pocket is just over my hip bones.


The reverse side of my fabric is not attractive so I had to hand stitch the back of the collar down, from shoulder to shoulder to be sure it doesn't show while worn. It kind of messes up the fall of the collar. Next time, if the fabric is single faced, I'll make the collar doubled so there is no wrong side to it.


The outfit actually looks better with plain black leggings but I couldn't be bothered to go change.




2 comments:

PJ said...

Very Nice!

Marlene said...

Thanks PJ. I really love it and will wear it often. I have plans to make another, this time in plain black or navy.