Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

All's Well that Ends Well

It was quite the journey getting to this point so I hope you'll enjoy this photo of a textured ceiling. LOL


It's a good thing my husband doesn't give up easily! He started off bright and early this morning to rent a machine to do the spraying of the ceiling since this community does not rent the type he was after. After driving all the way there and back, unloading the thing, dragging it up the stairs, setting it up, and mixing a big pail of the texturizing goop (sorry, don't know the technical terms for any of this!) he starts up the machine and within only a few minutes I hear some muttering and the machine is shut off. 

I nervously approached as the muttering continued. The machine doesn't work and water is spewing everywhere. 

After carefully covering the bucket of "goop" the whole machine had to be packed up again, dragged out to the truck, and off he went again to Abbotsford only to find out that the other machine there also does not work. Back home again (these round trips took hours), to do some research and attack the problem from another angle. 

Different type of machine, not what he wanted, was rented locally and again had to be set up. I left to pick up my grandchildren just as the machine started up and when I returned the job was done. And perfectly I might add!

Long story short? All's well that ends well.

3 comments:

PJ said...

:O AMAZING....I know how in one calm photo of something 'well done' does not show the struggle behind it! I'll admit, I chuckled just slighting with the spewing out, but quite that 'cause I know....it was like me moving the ladder (and going up and down) in the garage for painting. (I'm afraid of ladders, but did it!!!)

Gene Black said...

So is the moral of the story "shop local - even if they don't have what you want" ???

Sorry I couldn't resist. I am glad he had success.

Marlene said...

I was assigned clean up duty PJ, but it was the least I could do while he dealt with the bigger issues. He's cutting in with the new paint colour today!

That crossed my mind too Gene but the one picked up locally was not one he would have picked if there was any alternative. I don't know the specifics behind it but if it had worked the other type was "better" for the job.