Translate

Friday, June 26, 2020

Maker's Tote

I recently completed this Maker's Tote using Saori fabric I had woven a long time ago and put aside for future consideration since it was so wild I didn't know what to do with it at the time.


While looking for a way to transport an Electric Eel Wheel 6.0 e-spinner to spin-ins I came across a sewing pattern for "The Maker's Tote" by Noodlehead. The fit looked like it would be good so I decided that the time had come to cut into that wild handwoven fabric. 

I already had the handmade bias binding leftover from a project completed several years ago. 


I made an Inkle band with the intent of using it for handles and a cross-body strap. The handles ended up being enough though so I scrapped the idea for a removable cross-body strap that would require additional hardware. 


The wild floral lining, with colours in keeping with the rest of the tote, is from the remainder of a thrifted sheet. I had enough to make the abundant pockets, inside and out.


I did have to buy a sturdy separating zipper for the top closure and also some foam stabilizer to give the bag some structure. 


I'm very happy with the finished bag, but it likely won't be used to carry the e-spinner. I'll use it for knitting instead. I've found a second hand wheeled Zuca bag that will allow me to trundle the e-spinner, all the fibre I need for a day's spinning, and any other stuff I want to take along. The great thing about the Zuca bag is that it can be used as a table to set the e-spinner on once I arrive at my destination.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Marlene said...

Thanks Michelle. It's so nice to hear from you!

PJ said...

Oh, how fun!!!! Wonderful project!