Translate

Thursday, July 02, 2020

Wardrobe of Wristbands

The jewelry findings I have been waiting for for months have finally arrived. Now some of the Inkle bands I've been weaving can be made into wristbands that will work with my medical ID bracelet.



The lobster clasps hook into both sides of the information disk making the bracelets interchangeable. 


The information portion sits relatively hidden on the underside of my wrist,


While the more decorative Inkle band shows on the top. 

I've made beaded versions before but the Inkle band ones are incredibly comfortable and are easy and inexpensive to make. 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

What a great idea! I have a couple of inkle looms. I should make some of those.

Marlene said...

Not all medical ID bracelets are made this way Gene. This one was originally part of a medical ID bracelet made to accept interchangeable bands. Of course they want a person to purchase their interchangeable bands, and I did buy the first one. I've made my own beaded ones since, but these are more comfortable and also easier and inexpensive to make. Mine only takes 4" of Inkle band.