Translate

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Rock In Red

Today's effort at dotting a mandala on a rock. I've done quite a few mandala rocks in the past couple of weeks. This one is not one of my best pieces, but I wanted to show my struggles.

There's numerous things about this one that didn't go as well as I would have liked, "swooshes" being one of them. I keep giving in to the allure of adding swooshes since they add so much to a mandala -- usually. But in my case they turn out so terribly that they end up disappointingly irregular.

Here's what swooshes should look like!

https://youtu.be/-XKxQ4nkdAY?t=33

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

It looks amazing to me. You are being too hard on yourself.

Marlene said...

Thanks Gene. I'm having a lot of fun doing these dotted mandalas. Some are more successful than others, but they are always fun and relaxing to do.