Translate

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Sari Silk by Longdraw

 When I started spinning this recycled Sari silk I was prepared for a wretched experience. I don't like spinning lumpy preps and my past experiences with spinning recycled Sari silk blended with wool was torturous. 


Not too far into this spin I made a very helpful discovery. Sari silk actually spins quite nicely when spun by itself using a long draw technique very close to how I spin cotton. I spun through all 4oz of it today.

I have 4ox of Bluefaced Leicester wool that is dyed in a very similar green. I'll spin it up separately and then ply the two together.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the look of your yarn & was wondering how you prepped the fiber. My bag of sari silk just came in and I was excited to give it a try.

Marlene said...

You know I don't fully remember. Seems to me I just spun it as it was in the bag? But I do extenuate any roving/sliver that I spin, just to loosen it up a bit.