Translate

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Spinning the Rosebush

I've been spinning outdoors nearly every day, at least for a little while, ever since I received my Electric Eel Wheel spinner. Even on rainy days, as long as it's not too cold, I am able to sit out on our covered patio. I'm really enjoying it! 


This lovely stuff is made from rose bushes of all things. I can't claim to know the process to get it to the roving stage, but it was a lovely spin and resulted in beautiful, smooth, silky, fine yarn with a gorgeous sheen .


There have been other spins too. I just haven't been keeping up with the posting. This next one is a jet black kettle dyed merino. It's been in my fibre stash long enough that I no longer remember how I acquired it.




As the label clearly indicates, this purple one is a merino top that I purchased from Brooklin Brothers. This is the first project of any size done on my e-spinner. I was just getting used to the feel of e-spinning so the resulting yarn varies a bit in grist.





I'm loving the Electric Eel Wheel 6.0! I haven't spun this often, or this much, in years! More to come.















 

No comments: