Translate

Friday, June 18, 2021

Tour de Fleece 2021

I'm stocking up for the 2021 "Tour de Fleece" which runs in conjunction with the Tour de France bike race from June 26th to July 18th.


This is the most recent acquisition. A blue faced leicester wool roving hand dyed by Jude Pilote of Ewesful Creations. The pile above is actually two different colourways -- the vibrant lime green that I love, and a very bright yellow. 


This large colourful lot was also dyed by Jude, at my request. I'm pretty sure that between those three batches I'll have enough to keep me going through the entire tour, since I don't spin all day long like some participants, but ---


--- just incase I come to the end of all that glorious colour I have been carding up some superwash merino mill ends. I'm not saving these prepped batts just for the tour though. I've begun spinning these up and will continue until June 26th when the Tour de Fleece officially starts. I won't run out -- there is plenty of this white yet to be carded.

No comments: