Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

Sewing In My Remaining Time

Time is short so I've been getting some necessary things done. One of those things is the addition of a couple of needed night shirts. I've made them before so no learning curve, and the confidence of a good fit means getting a couple more into my drawer didn't take long. Good thing, since if all goes well there will be a distraction that makes finding sewing time difficult. Well -- he will make ANY hobby time difficult for at least a few months I think! 


If his vet check up goes well on Wednesday, this little guy, an 8 week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, will be joining us on the weekend. He has an eye problem that needs further investigation, but baring any other complications we will be welcoming him with open arms. Please send your prayers, well wishes, good energy, whatever positive thoughts you can muster. We love him already!

So after shamelessly using a puppy photo to drag interest to the blog, here's the two nighties. 



7 comments:

PJ said...

OOOOh, he is soooo cute! Hope all goes well with his eyes! Puppy Time!!! Enjoy! It goes too fast!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlene:
Your Puppy sure is a cutie. I love dogs -we dont have one but we have three grand-dogs which I certainly love spending time with.

Jude Pilote said...

He is so cute, Marlene.. Congratulations! Puppy 💕

Niki said...

I have a friend who has five cavaliers ;) Best of luck, lady!!!

Marlene said...

I hope so too PJ, though are pretty sure he is blind in the one eye, or at least his vision is compromised in that one. We want to make sure the other eye is healthy and sees well, that the eye problem isn't a symptom of a bigger health issue, and that he can hear okay.

I love dogs too Anonymous, of any kind!

Congratulations aren't quite in order yet, Jude. The health of the puppy (other than the one eye we already know has issues) still has to be checked out on Wednesday.

FIVE Cavaliers Niki? Wow, to be so lucky! Is that friend a breeder? They seem to be the ones lucky enough to have multiples. I found it difficult to get even the first! Waiting lists can be years long! For that matter any sort of dog available for adoption at all is a rare find right now. Even on the rescue sites bringing mixed breed street dogs in from other countries there are hundreds of applications for each dog.

Linda said...

Well I've learned something about you I didn't know. Nice night shirts. We'll talk

Marlene said...

Nice to have you drop by the blog Linda. I've been keeping it since 2004. Sometimes there are long lapses in my posting though. I don't post on a scheduled basis, usually just when I have something creative to show.